Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sea World
May 1, 2009

On our first day in Florida we went to Sea World. I have always loved dolphins and whales, especially killer whales since I was little, so I was very excited to go to Sea World. They have all sorts of sea animals there. Out first stop was to the Manta Bay, where we got to pet mantas.


This was an information sign next to the Manta's pool.

Nadine in front of the Manta pool. You can't see the mantas very well in the picture, but this pool had a lot of them. They would swim by the edge so you could brush the top of them with you fingers. They felt like a soft, wet rubber. The birds hung around the pool trying to steal the fish that people could buy to feed the mantas.


This is the underwater viewing section to the dolphin pool. Dolphins are very playful creatures. They were fun to watch. Of course, they are very interested in the people up above who are feeding them fish.

Amelia, Joshua and Kevin

Here are some dolphins.

Nadine in front of a poster talking about Sea Dragons. These little creatures are a type of Sea horse, but they look like sea weed. They had a place you could look at some real ones. They were very hard to spot because they blended in very well with the rest of the plants in the tank.



Sea World - or Florida in general - was out in bloom. It was very pretty there. (And a lot hotter than we were used to.)

Sea World is owned by Annheiser-Busch, so they had the Budweiser Clydesdales there. We could have paid to get a picture with one of the horses. We decided to take one of our own pictures with their wagon instead.

Amelia at Sea World


Joshua had the camera this day, so we didn't get as many pictures as we would have if I'd had the camera. We went back to Sea World a week later and got some more pictures. When I got home, I realized that we should have taken pictures of this or that, but home is too late to get pictures of things from your trip.


It was a fun day at Sea World.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You have just achieved a Blogging Certificate. You are now a Blogging Amateur. Keep up the good work.

The blog was really cute. We liked the pictures, especially the dolphins!

Wendy said...

I thought it was funny that you said that Josh had the camera so you didn't get as many pictures. If I have the camera we always get HUNDREDS of pictures whereas if Spencer has the camera we get maybe 10-15. I didn't even know you guys went to Florida, looks like so much fun.