Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Magic Kingdom


(these aren't my pictures, but I thought they were cool - and a good intro to our day at the Magic Kingdom)

Saturday May 2, 2009

On our first day at the Disney World Resort we went to the Magic Kingdom.
I loved Cinderella's Castle. I wanted to eat at the restaurant inside, but it was one of the most expensive places to eat. (It looked really neat though.)

The first thing you see . . .
and you know you're in Disney World!!
The first ride we went on was Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.
I had the highest score the first time. The second time Joshua whomped me. We also went to the Lilo and Stich ride, but I didn't like that one. It left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the day.

We enjoyed the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway (even though it is a lot like the one at the Lagoon).

We were glad that the park was happy to see us as well. The sky even smiled at us.

Behind us is Dumbo's ride. We didn't go on it, but it was fun to walk by all of the kid's rides in Fantasyland.

Joshua took a picture of himself on the ride "it's a small world". We had to go on that one. That's a classic ride. I wish we had taken some pictures of the displays inside. They had some very cute dolls. It was fun to see.
(I'm glad I can pull examples from the web . . .)

We really enjoyed the show Mickey's Philharmonic. We went back to it later in the day. Partly so we could have a chance to sit down. SO much walking can't be good for your feet.

Next up was . . .
I liked the horseless carriages back then


A shot from the Country Bear's Jamboree performance

We also explored the Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse

It would be cool to have a treehouse like that to play in your backyard.

Just can't get enough of that castle.

Our favorite gift shop was at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Joshua bought a hat, I bought sunglasses, Mom bought an ornament. (Plus the ride wasn't too shabby either).

We took a raft ride on over to Tom Sawyer's Island and did some exploring over there.
The Fort

Who can resist trying to pull that sword out of the stone. I guess you just aren't King Arthur. The sword will have to stay there for the next fool to try it out.

Gee Josh, even you aren't strong enough.

We did make it to Splash Mountain. Mom wasn't sure she wanted to go on it. She thought it looked scary. After we went on it, we decided it was one of the best rides of the day.
The Fast Pass was absolutely worth it on this ride. We had to wait a while before we could go, but it saved so much time in the end.

Here are a few pictures from the Electric Parade:
The evil monster from Night On Bald Mountain in Fantasia

The Three Little Pigs
and
Cinderalla in her Pumpkin Coach

Alice in Wonderland (sorry it's blurry but, parades, well they don't stay in one place)

The Wicked Queen from Sleeping Beauty
and Minnie Mouse

To end the day, we saw the firework display above the castle.

It was a magical day.

1 comment:

April said...

Those are some great pictures! I love the top one of the castle at dusk- beautiful! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm so jealous! I love Disneyland!!!